Thursday, April 28, 2011

Neckties for Women


For this project I will choose to reposition the neckties for women. There is my Design Brief.

What:
I choose to reposition the neckties for women. The necktie is a long piece of cloth worn for decorative purposes around the neck or shoulders, resting under the shirt collar and knotted at the throat. Men and boys usually wear neckties as part of regular office attire or formal wear. Neckties are traditionally worn with the top shirt button fastened, and the tie knot resting comfortably between the collar points.

Who:
Neckties are sometimes part of uniforms worn by women, particularly at restaurants and hotels, and some school also require girls to wear necktie as part of the uniform. But the target audience for my product reposition will be women who pursue fashion, not just women in uniform require to wear necktie.

How:
I would like to design a feminine product packaging, an interesting iPhone and iPad app, one website and one magazine ad. Women's neckties tend to be slimmer than men's, and more flattering look, and come in more color and print assortments than men's. They have more color and more style of wear with neckties than men.

Why:
The necktie has transcended concept and has become a part of women's fashion, but not most of the women have neckties. Although some working women can be seen supporting a colorful cravat either in the form of a men's necktie loosely worn around the shirt collar, but the numbers are not much. We need to widen our target to expand the market. That is the reason why I add more color and style. I believe that a pretty package and an interesting app will attract more women customers.

And I can not come to class today, I would love your comment on my project.
I have a idea for the iPhone and iPad app. It can buy the necktie online but also a interesting game. When people play this app, they will take a phone first, then they can see the left side of photo will have many color and style of neckties, they can use their finger to drag the necktie on their photo, and identify the most suitable necktie.

2 comments:

  1. This is interesting. I like that there would be more styles and colors so that it appeals more to women to actually wear one even if they dont have to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the idea. I was watching Ellen yesterday and she was wearing a pink tie, and it look pretty cool. I would totally wear one.

    ReplyDelete