Tuesday, May 17, 2011

New sketches and ideas for battery wristband






Ok so after discussing it with my group, I decided to go a different direction with hte bracelet. I still like the taglines and flyer ideas, focusing on the fact that this is a portable Outlet. I wanted to keep that outlet idea, and maybe coloring in the band just to keep it from looking "prison house arrest" style.


So just thought id send some new sketches over. Im going for thickness in the "punk" design, bigger battery. in the other one, I like the idea of carrying around an outlet with you. Like the tagline "take your charger with you". So n the bracelet I have the actual wristband, and then the outlet design, just for novelty purposes. Note that nothing plugs into the "outlet" because its fake, its just the design. I just imagined myself seeing someone walking around with an outlet bracelet lol. Then imagine their phone or PSP connected to it.

The USB would be on the back of it, as well as the power indicators to tell you how charged it is, or needs to be. The plug is just a normal USB, and the bracelet would come with around 10-15 different tips (think universal charger for laptops) that would charge your Ipod, Iphone, DS, psp, and various phones.

For the guys, I think im going for chunky punker look. The USB connects to the side, and the battery charge indicators on the back, under the bracelet.

For the girls, Id go with a simple brass look, kind of like the material watches are made out of. That texture look is going to be difficult to do. But for the round top design, im sticking to the outlet feel.

For the bracelet, think of the photo with the green gem on it, but without a middle band. Just the top band, and the bottom, leaving an empty space in between.

1 comment:

  1. Great idea. I'd love to see this become stylish and couldn't imagine this not being an option in the future.

    ReplyDelete