Wednesday, May 18, 2011

im stuck! :(




Okay so Heres what I have so far... im kind of stuck.

The arm i just grabbed from google and added "clouds" to. Im having a difficult time creating the wristband from scratch. I tried taking a wristband, just for the shape of it and transforming it but its not really working out. I have some new sketches too, but it seems I cant get the image to look like my sketches. Super frustrating.

For the flyer i just kept thinking "outlet" "power", "hand". what better represents power than currents? so I kinda combined themall together. but just kinda stuck at the moment. ideas or tips appreciated!!

ill upload my sketches tomorrow when I can use the scanner in class.

4 comments:

  1. I think your work is interesting visually, but in terms of advertising they come off very vague and avant garde and that doesn't really appeal to the masses which is what this whole field is about...work on making WHAT your product is and it'll be more successful

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Ryan, you have to be pretty on point with using direct marketing tools that hold subtle hidden messages. But I really love your designs., maybe try creating that cloud look in only a piece or the background of your image and making the wristband really clear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also agreed with Ryan, I think you should figure out a design before you put the acid trip into it. You like to use colors and disfigure the products, but as a consumer we are looking for the product. Your designs should say HEY! IM A WRISTBAND POWER OUTLET, be clear with what you are selling and worry about the colors and blowing my mind later.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe if you draw what you have in mind with illustrator and make the promotional following the same style, or just use photoshop to manipulate the photos. I would suggest to use more plain backgrounds to showcase the product better :)

    ReplyDelete