Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Some how the end is near

So I figured I should start prepping myself for my long range hikes and also get a bit of travel time in before the brunt of finals crushes my enthusiasm.

two things to keep in mind.

1. I love the out doors and I try to get out there any time I can
2.I really love posh hotels in very remote places and this time was no exception

The trick to this method of travel is to know how to get a really good deal and also to have an idea of the kind of scenery that you're looking forward to.

so I went on priceline and did the name your price option. lo and behold I scored a nice room at the Hilton at Torrey Pines. On Saturday, the day after check-in I took to the trails which were less than .8 from the room, and I took picture over most of the six mile hike.

Enjoy =)

2 comments: